Charming Paris

40 comments
IMG_9749


IMG_9753 IMG_9758 IMG_9762 IMG_9763 IMG_9842 IMG_9781 IMG_9961 IMG_9970 IMG_9950 IMG_9941

Dec 14' - Jan 15'

Firstly I want to say Happy New Year! I ended 2014 and entered 2015 in Paris and I can't believe it has already been a year since that occurred.

After doing 2 units of introductory French at university (and fully appreciating the difficulties of learning another language) I thought I was ready to French in France. Later realising I was very nervous to français and only spoke very basic phrases: "Bonjour! Je voudrais…", "Oui oui!" ,"C'est tout!" and most importantly "Aidez-moi, s'il vous plaît!!!!!". Let's hope now after 4 units of university French, I am much more confident to expand outside of these basic sentences.

Language notes aside, Paris is beautiful.

Many of us possess the romanticised view of Paris, it's the city of love with the grand buildings and the picturesque gardens. I know I have made the bold statement of declaring many cities in Europe as beautiful but Paris is on another level. The media is constantly portraying the landmarks of Paris, we've all seen the Eiffel Tower in countless movies and also cushion covers. We are always reminded of the beauty of Paris even if we have never been there. For me, it lived up to every beautiful expectation. As a very keen tourist, I visited many of the famous monuments and was astounded at them all. Pont Alexandre, Notre Dame, etc. were amazing and the views surrounding it whether it was gardens or roads added to the charm. I loved just sitting at different places and absorbing the views. The only thing that restricted my view was the hoards and hoards of people (most of which were tourists just like me), the only thing stopping myself from moving there. Although I would love to visit again and practice my mild french skillz.

Thanks for reading!!
Nat

Follow me


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris is so beautiful! Love your photos dear (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Pictures !

    Hope you have a happy and safe 2016 :-)

    Lisa - Joy Della Vita Travelblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, beautiful photos! Paris is tops on my list of places- I know it gets lots of hype as a magical city, but I'm fairly confident it would live up to its reputation :) Happy New Year! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,
      Yes, you must go one day! It's so beautiful!
      Happy new year
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh Paris is beautiful! Such a gorgeous city full of life and love. I'm so jealous of you, I can't believe you to Paris! Woah!

    Happy New Years and have a great 2016 <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow. what wonderful photos. I'd love to go to Paris again right now
    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so lucky! beatifull pictures! kisses from Spain! Happy New year!

    www.mitacondequitaypon.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would loveeee to go one day. I want to add a lock lol. Great photos. Happy New Year!

    Tyric
    http://www.toastandgrits.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful places I love all your pics

    Enjoy!
    Fashion & Lifestyle : http://coastalandco.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful capture of a beautiful city!
    xo
    http://thedemeler.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dear
    Amazing pictures, Love Paris
    IT's one of my favs cities
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paris really is beautiful, such a scenic city. These photos are gorgeous, they make me want to book a ticket there right now!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to visit Paris, love these photos!
    The Style Icon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have visited Paris long back ago! Beautiful city!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beauiful pictures! Would love to go to Paris some day <3

    TheNormcoreRebel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks amazing.
    I love Paris/

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love Paris so much!! Happy New Year! :)

    STYLE WITHOUT LIMITS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved your Paris photos!! I want to go back there so badly!!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool to ring in 2016 in Paris... Happy New Year!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Destroyed Denim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Indeed charming in any season *_*

    Kisses and HNY,

    Nicoleta

    http://reinventyourself.guide/2016/01/04/shooting-londinese-comb-application/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning photos!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice pictures!

    Happy new year

    xx L.

    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures! For me, Paris is the city that surpassed all my expectations! Paris is so beautiful!

    The same thing happened to me when I went to Rome - despite having studied the language, I was so nervous to use it!

    xx
    www.wandererandwolf.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great photography! I love Paris - it's my number one from all the places I've been to. :)

    Denina
    Purely Me by Denina Martin

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely pictures ! & lovely blog

    kiss from Paris

    http://mademoiselleperrier.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous photos! I've never been, but if looks amazing.
    Xo
    Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Paris pictures! I am going back in a couple of weeks! I love it out there and you definitely captured its beauty!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great pictures!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Paris is an amazing city... love it!
    xx

    http://www.mybeautrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this post, you have amazing photos ♥

    http://itsmevioletta.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loveee Paris ♥ Can't wait to get back soon!!!
    xx
    Julie
    The Lady Fairer

    ReplyDelete

Followers

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig