University: Year 1, Semester 1 down!

30 comments
IMG_6419


In a matter of 12 weeks my life has changed drastically. As corny as it sounds; it feels like yesterday when I wrote up my post ‘New Chapter: University’ regarding my reservations and nervousness about entering this new phase in my life.

It’s so strange reflecting from day 1 of university and how I felt entering those large fancy gates off to my first lecture to now (sitting on my bed procrastinating when I should be studying for exams). However, that strangeness is intertwined with some of the best and most fun moments I’ve ever had.


Entering university my biggest fear was being alone. Only a few other people from my high-school were accepted into the same university as me and none of them were in my course, let alone in any of my classes.  After spending so many (amazing) years in high-school with my close-knit group of friends, the prospect of having to put yourself out there to make friends made me feel incredibly nervous about starting university. Whilst that nervousness made my heart beat a bit irregularly at times, I was determined to make friends as I had the mindset that I’ll be spending a lot of time at university and I need people to share this new aspect of my life with. So I made a promise to myself; the person you sit next to, introduce yourself and if you click; add them on facebook (because I thought that is the best medium to keep in touch. Too much? I don’t know). I was hoping that my weirdness wouldn’t portray too prominently to the people I was introducing myself to and I don’t think it did (well hopefully not anyway). My real life and facebook friends grew and within the first few weeks of university I’d met and befriended some amazing people who I was about to have way too much fun with.

Within 12 weeks of university I met an amazing bunch of people, truly experienced the downside and memory loss of intoxication (oops), drank too much coffee, struggled every morning figuring out what to wear, left assignments to the last minute, killed too many trees printing off readings, Pandora become my most used app (for the train), had a lot of free lunches and started learning a new language. Societies parties were fantastic; I might have spent a little too much money on beverages, went to my first club and fell over a bit too much on a boat cruise. I didn't get away with everything, but all in all semester one you have been pretty awesome.

Whilst I have been immersing myself into university life, it has meant that I have deeply neglected my blog. I did not intend on this, nor do I want this neglect to continue so hopefully after the experiencing my first semester I can understand better how to balance everything out.

An Odd Girl is a huge part of my life and I don’t want it too stop. Whilst the posts may still be sporadic as I am entering exam period, please know I will always try to put content on my blog.

To those of you who are in university and have exams soon good luck and I hope you had an amazing semester!

I am so grateful that you stopped by and thanks for reading!

Nat xx

(A little sneak peak at items that will be featured in future blog posts)
IMG_6436
IMG_6447
Sea dress (on sale!) and Burberry Brit dress (on sale!)
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

30 comments:

  1. Good luck with your exams Natalie! Love your grey clutch!
    x Nina
    PS Amazing Luisaviaroma.com $500 Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suerte en tu nueva etapa y en los examenes!!
    susana de piñadelys
    http://pinadelys.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pieces! nice pics!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bag <3

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics!!
    http://amigasyresidentesenstylestation.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see you back, sporadic or not. I know that starting University is a HUGE adjustment, and naturally, you just need to figure out how to manage everything.

    Glad to hear you're having fun, too!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you're talking about!:) I'm finishing my masters degree and it's so difficult to divide my time between blogging and studying! and I can't wait to see your next post, the striped tops look amazing!:)♥

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  8. The article critique is not exactly known for its diversity and excitement when it comes to style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, nice things! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the end of the first year! Lovely clutch by the way :)

    New post on "The fashonian"

    Follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats, dear! i wish you all the best!
    kisses
    Maren Anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Great pictures!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going into my junior year of university now, and it's so weird to think about. I mean, I feel different but the same as when i went in if that makes sense.

    I'd love it if you could check out my blog as well! xx http://afashionneverland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw I loved my years at uni. Although I barely had any friends studying Psych like I was, it was nice to get along with peers who were after the same end goal as you. Gluck through the rest of your studies hun!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. wahoo! way to go! some of my favorite memories are at college! I miss it!



    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish my first semester was like that!
    Sounds like you go to Monash, just because they are renowned for having huge parties and ample supply of booze!!

    //timid lioness

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Guys, myself Ragini Roy, I am staying in Mumbai. I'm the quality enjoyment provider company in Mumbai. I am very sweet inside and out and great herbal female, very easy & easy...My capabilities are superb. And agree with you'll want extra...

    http://raginiroy.bravesites.com/

    ReplyDelete

Followers

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig