Debutante Ball ~ the best day!

Leave a Comment
  I ditched school today because I didn't get to sleep until 6am and my brain is still tired. I'm sitting in bed drinking my english breakfast tea in my favourite Audrey Hepburn mug and reminiscing on the amazing day that was my Debutante Ball. My deb was back in July and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The month of dancing lessons (holding a lot of sweaty hands), the stressful shopping of trying to find the perfect pieces and looking through endless photos trying to find the perfect hair and make-up was all worth it in the end. If you are thinking about doing your deb I highly recommend it!

(Left: my best friend Steph, Right: me)

   My shopping list for the deb was my dress, white gloves, jewellery, shoes and hair pins. I found my dress a few months before deb at a boutique and of course it wouldn't be a deb without dramas. In the store they only had my dress in a size 6 that didn't felt that well and it was purple. I liked the purple, but I didn't think it was appropriate for a deb lol. The store ordered me the dress in a white and in size 4. A couple of weeks later I got a call from the store manager and the manufacturer of my dress didn't make that dress anymore and the smallest size left was a 6. He offered me to come in and they would alter it down to fit me, which made me stress less. A couple of weeks later the dress was ready and it stayed in my mum's closet for two months. For shoes I ended up wearing a pair of white heels I bought a long time ago for Forever New that I completely forgot I had and I was about to spend $130 on a plain white mid heel from Tony Bianco. I found my gloves and hair pins in Myer and got my jewellery from Diva.





 On the big day we were in the hairdresser's chair at 9 am. I wanted my hair in a curly bun to the side and I loved exactly how my hairdresser did it. Steph's hair was a random creation and it was amazing! Along with two of our friends we rushed out of the hairdressers at 11.15am and went to Napolean Perdis to get our make-up done. It felt so nice to be pampered and look our best. We went back to our mates house after we were done and our 24 seater pink Hummer arrived at her house at 3.30pm. The Hummer was a major highlight of the day and a must for deb, it was simply awesome! At 8pm we were presented as Debutantes and did 5 dances. The dancing is a tradition at all debs, but it was weird because we were ballroom dancing to pop music.

In the end my face hurt from smiling so much, but those smiles were true because this had to have been one of my happiest day/night. Experiencing the deb with my closet mates and sharing the moments together (even though that sounds extremely corny) made the night and month leading up to the special night MAGICAL. 







SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig